Long-term studies the emergence and manifestation of cholesterol in the human body have allowed scientists to identify a category of persons who are most prone to an increase in the amount of cholesterol in the blood. In the so-called risk group composed of the following representatives:
- People suffering from overweight. People with impaired weight ratio of “good” and “bad” cholesterol, at what “bad” prevails.
- People who eat a lot of fat. Here it should be noted that the major contributing factor to increase blood cholesterol is a food. Large amounts of fat in the diet is not indicating the presence of cholesterol in it. For example, meat and liver are almost not contain fat, but marked with a very high cholesterol levels. And yet, talking about raising the level of cholesterol in the body, we are talking about the need to reject fatty foods as cholesterol remarkably soluble in fat, and as such is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- People who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Here, everything is simple. Few moving – tend to acquire excess weight, and as a result, the acquisition of “bad” cholesterol.
- People over the age of fifty years. At most this item for men. In fact, starting to rise from twenty years, the level of cholesterol in men by fifty years rests on its laurels limit and fight it becomes much harder. As for women, they have cholesterol kept at a relatively low level to near menopause, after which the probability of increase is increasing.
- Smokers. Smoking actively reduces the “good” cholesterol in the blood and leads to the degeneration of the vessels, their fragility, which subsequently may be detrimental to your heart health.
- People who have abnormalities in the thyroid gland.
- People of relatives which are suffering from cardiovascular diseases. In other words, the genetically predisposed.